Recording of Beyond CVC – Training Upper Level Word Reading and Spelling Webinar
Presenter: Marianne Nice, MS, CCC-SLP
This is a per person fee
URGENT FINAL REGISTRATION STEP: After purchasing this webinar, you will receive an email which will contain an important digital PDF that you need to download. (PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER FOR ALL CORRESPONDENCE RELATED TO THIS TRAINING.) This PDF contains the link to your recording. You will have this recording for one month.
GROUP RATES: If you are interested in purchasing this webinar for 10 or more members of your school, district, or company, you may click on the option to pay $450 for an unlimited number of attendees to watch live or view the recording when it's convenient for you for one month.
- Upper Level Letter Sounds
- High Level Phonemic Awareness
- Decoding Words with Consonant Blends
- Multisyllable Division Rules and Strategies for Longer Words
- Morphological Awareness involving Prefixes, Roots, and Suffixes
For training difficult letter sounds, the presenters will share unique and evidence-based strategies going beyond the typical "key word” method that is sometimes ineffective for those with phonemic awareness or working memory issues. Since research demonstrates that typically developing students are still developing phonemic awareness skills well into third and fourth grade, in particular sound manipulation skills, proven tips will be provided in this area. Older struggling readers often have an abundance of sequencing errors when reading and pronouncing words with consonant blends, and for this reason, strategies for preventing and eliminating sequencing errors in consonant blend type words will be shared.
- Define key components of structured literacy lessons
- Examine the why and how of training high-level phonemic awareness
- Describe 3, key elements of successful literacy interventions
- Explain instructional strategies designed to improve decoding abilities with consonant blends, vowel teams, and multisyllable words.
- Explore instructional strategies for teaching phonetically irregular high frequency words.
- Describe techniques for integrating vocabulary development into decoding work through morphology instruction.
CREDITS: Whether you watch live or view the recording, this training offers 2 cont. ed. hours for all, and Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMHs) for Speech Language Pathologists. ASHA accepts CMHs towards the 30 hours needed for re-certification.
Purchase orders are accepted at check out on the order summary page or they may be faxed to 781-812-2441, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Reading with TLC, 775 Pleasant Street, Suite 6, Weymouth, MA 02189.
ATTENDEES: If you are paying for and registering someone else or registering a group of people, please enter the attendee names and emails in the PO section on the order summary page.
CANCELLATION POLICY: No Cancellations
We Also Recommend
On-Demand Lively Letters Full Training Recorded Webinar with Credit Options
2-21-24 FREE! Q & A with the Authors for Those Trained in Lively Letters - Live Webinar 6:30 pm EST
2-26-2024 Exercise: How to Make the Best Learners Live & Recorded Webinar 7-9 PM EST