5-11-2023 Beyond CVC – Training Upper Level Word Reading and Spelling Live & Recorded Webinar 7-9 PM EST
Presenter: Marianne Nice, MS, CCC-SLP
Thursday, May 11, 2023 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
This is a per person fee
URGENT FINAL REGISTRATION STEP: After purchasing this webinar, you will receive an email which will contain an important digital PDF that you need to download. (Check your spam folder.) This is critical whether you plan to view the live presentation or the recording that all registrants will receive by May 12th. (You will have this recording for one month.) This PDF contains the link to the final registration step that you must complete asap to secure your registration. If you do NOT complete this final registration step in advance of the webinar, you will not get the link to the live training or the recorded webinar.
- Upper Level Letter Sounds
- High Level Phonemic Awareness
- Decoding Words with Consonant Blends
- Multisyllable Division Rules and Strategies for Longer Words
- Morphological Awareness involving Prefixes, Roots, and Suffixes
For training difficult letter sounds, the presenters will share unique and evidence-based strategies going beyond the typical "key word” method that is sometimes ineffective for those with phonemic awareness or working memory issues. Since research demonstrates that typically developing students are still developing phonemic awareness skills well into third and fourth grade, in particular sound manipulation skills, proven tips will be provided in this area. Older struggling readers often have an abundance of sequencing errors when reading and pronouncing words with consonant blends, and for this reason, strategies for preventing and eliminating sequencing errors in consonant blend type words will be shared.
- Define key components of structured literacy lessons
- Examine the why and how of training high-level phonemic awareness
- Describe 3, key elements of successful literacy interventions
- Explain instructional strategies designed to improve decoding abilities with consonant blends, vowel teams, and multisyllable words.
- Explore instructional strategies for teaching phonetically irregular high frequency words.
- Describe techniques for integrating vocabulary development into decoding work through morphology instruction.
CREDITS: Whether you watch live or view the recording, this training offers 2 cont. ed. hours for all, and Certificate Maintenance Hours (CMHs) for Speech Language Pathologists. ASHA accepts CMHs towards the 30 hours needed for re-certification.
Purchase orders are accepted at check out on the order summary page or they may be faxed to 781-812-2441, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Reading with TLC, 775 Pleasant Street, Suite 6, Weymouth, MA 02189.
ATTENDEES: If you are paying for and registering someone else or registering a group of people, please enter the attendee names and emails in the PO section on the order summary page.
CANCELLATION POLICY: For cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the training, the webinar fee will be fully refunded. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the training will be subject to a $25 administrative fee.
We Also Recommend
On-Demand Lively Letters Full Training Recorded Webinar with Credit Options
4-4-2023 FREE 90-minute Overview of Reading with TLC's Lively Letters - Live & Recorded Webinar 7:00-8:30 PM EST